Thank you to all our partners who have promoted this year’s Personal Health Budget (PHB) user survey, closing shortly on 14 May 2019.
Unfortunately, we have considerably fewer respondents than at this stage in last year’s survey, and we really need your support to ensure we get as full a picture as possible of people’s experiences of personal health budgets, personal wheelchair budgets and integrated budgets.
It is open to all current or previous budget holders and those who support them, including those who responded last year, and, for the first time, will separate out wheelchair budgets from other types of personal health budgets..
As a result of the 2018 survey, NHS England has:
- Started a new project to explore the challenges personal health budget holders face with recruiting and employing personal assistants.
- Launched #myPHBstory as a Twitter hashtag to capture and share people’s stories
- Executed a series of eight regional workshops across the country to commissioners to help them improve their personal health budgets for NHS Continuing Healthcare – co-produced and co-delivered with people with lived experience of personal health budgets
- Developed long-term plans to offer better information, advice and support for those entitled to or interested in a personal health budget
- Committed to training more people with lived experience to influence systems and support individuals
The findings will again be used to improve the support for budget holders and applicants in England.
Could all organisations working with people with PHBs please share the link widely, including with anyone you know personally who receives a personal health budget or personal wheelvchair budget, and please make sure local partners, agencies and support organisations are aware of this survey.